Make The Most of Mango Season With This Yummy Mango Quinoa Porridge
Mango Season is here and in full swing and that only means one thing! Mangoes on errrythaang! Sharing this super simple breakfast idea using our White Quinoa - it's like an oatmeal, but made from Quinoa! Filled with vitamins, fibre and with the nutty goodness of Quinoa, this one is sure to quickly become a favourite.
Try the recipe below :
Quinoa Mango Porridge
(gluten free, vegan friendly)
- 1 cup Pink Harvest Farms White Quinoa
- 2 cups milk or any non-dairy milk such as almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey or any other sweetener of your choice
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds and walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1 mango, cut into cubes
- Measure 1 cup Pink Harvest Farms quinoa and wash under water. Strain the quinoa.
- In heavy bottomed saucepan, bring 2 cups of milk to a boil over medium heat
- Add the quinoa to the saucepan with milk. Reduce the heat to low, cover partially and let it simmer until the quinoa cooks and the milk is fully absorbed (about 15-18 minutes). Do not stir while the quinoa is cooking.
- Once fully cooked, remove the quinoa into a bowl and drizzle with honey as per taste.
- Garnish with nuts and pieces of fresh mango.
- Serve warm or cold, however you like it.
If you try this out, don't forget to tag us on Instagram @pinkharvestfarms
Shop the story