Mexican Quinoa Burgers for A Easy Yet Delicious Lunch
Where it comes to burgers, the battle is always on!
Everyone has a favourite burger - their own recipe that they swear by : but we’re here to definitively tell you that we may have found the best vegan, gluten free burger ever created. Using Quinoa, veggies and much more - our Mexican burger is a mouthful of heaven that is satisfying and delicious at the same time.
You can find the recipe for our yummy, healthy quinoa patties below:
- 1 Sweet potato / regular potato, boiled and grated
- 1/2C cooked Pink Harvest Farms White Quinoa
- 1/2 C boiled rajma, mashed
- 1 chia egg (1T Pink Harvest Farms Chia Seeds mixed with 3T water. Let it sit for 10 mins till its like a thick gel). 2T Tomato puree (or 1 fresh tomato blended without skin)
- 1t Paprika (or red chilly powder)
- 2t Chipotle spice mix (or any mexican seasoning like taco seasoning)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1T Olive oil
- 1 T Sriracha (or ketchup)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped and sautéed with 4-5 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 green chilly, chopped (optional)
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, cook the onion and garlic on a non stick pan with some oil until onion is translucent
- Once cooked, add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if required.
- Lightly oil your hands and form the mix into as many patties based on the size of your buns. Put them on a plate.
- Take a non stick pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Heat on medium, once the oil is hot, add the patties and cook on medium heat until browned. Flip them one by one and cook the other side. You can choose to shallow fry the patties in more oil if you want a fried option.
- Assemble a burger or eat them as it is, they’re yum either way! 🍔
- Try our favourite vegan cashew aioli for the perfect creamy sauce
If you try this recipe don’t forget to tag us @pinkharvestfarms