The Ultimate Pasta Recipe - All Cooked in One Pot!
If you’re lazy like us but still have exacting standards for what you eat - i.e it has to be delicious and tasty - this recipe is the one for you! This recipe is super customisable, you can add the veggies & sauces as you like!
Chefs Note: One pot pastas absorb so much flavour while it cooks in all those delicious ingredients! Make sure you taste it while cooking to ensure it's well seasoned.
Watch the video here or scroll below for the recipe:
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 16 mins
- 1 cup pasta (I used half the packet of Pink Harvest Farms 100% Red Lentil Fusilli)
- 1 onion sliced
- 3-4 tablespoon sliced garlic (i love mine spicy and garlic-y)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons of salt (or more! Don’t forget to keep tasting)
- 1 teaspoon chopped birds eye chilli or green chilly (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Handful basil leaves
- 1 cup tomato puree (unseasoned, store bought, easily available in 200ml tetrapacks)
- 2.5-3 cups water (add more while cooking if needed)
- Mix all ingredients in a pot
- Bring to boil and cook on medium low flame, covered for 14-16 mins until pasta is nicely cooked. (Time may change based on what pasta you use).
- Taste along and adjust seasoning
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Adjust water and cook time based on the pasta you use
- You can add some cream at the end once the flame is off and stir it in to make it creamy
- Top with parmesan if you like!
Show us your One Pot - if you like this recipe, make sure you try it out and tag us @pinkharvestfarms!