Chai Spiced Chia Donuts - Yeah, You Heard That Right!
Don't choose between healthy and sweet EVER again with pillowy, chewy, downright delicious Chai Spiced Chia Seed donuts!
Chia Seed donuts? Yeah, you heard that right. The softest donut you'll ever eat with the added benefits (read fibre, protein, omega 3) of chia seeds!
This recipe by @the_plateproject_ has all of us at Team Pink Harvest rushing to our kitchens to get kneading! If you're like us, scroll below for the recipe
- ⅓ cup warm milk
- 1 tbs yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 tbs chai masala
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- ⅛ tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp melted butter
(Watch the whole recipe video here and scroll below for instructions):
- Take 1/3 cup of warm milk. Add 1 tbsp yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix, covering keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast is activated you'll see bubbles on top.
- In a mixing bowl, take 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup castor sugar, 1 tbsp Chai masala, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1/8 tsp vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and the milk.
- Work on the dough, it needs to be soft.
- Add 3 tbsp of melted butter gradually to the dough until the dough is smooth.
- Cover and keep in a dark place for 2 hours.
- After the first proofing, take the dough on a flat surface. Dust with flour. Stretch, pull, and work on the dough for 5 minutes.
- Once smooth and stretchy, roll it thick and cut donuts.
- Place all donuts together in a baking tray, cover, keep aside for 15-20 mins for second proofing.
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry the donuts on medium heat till they are puffed down brown.
- In a flat plate mix together 1 tbsp castor sugar and 1 tsp of Chai masala. Tap the donuts into this mixture on both sides.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and some great company
- You may even bake the donuts after second proofing for a healthier version.
- If you don't have yeast, use baking powder with 1 tbsp curd.
Be sure to follow us for more recipes and if you try this recipe out, do tag us @pinkharvestfarms!